Being cooped up with the kids doesn't have to be boring! Make it fun with a Trolls Movie Night IN. We have all sorts of activities ready for you!
First up, get your orders in for Trolls themed kids jewelry! We have some adorable new options in our Character Collection HERE.
And while you're snagging those, don't forget a Trolls Hairband Craft Kit! We have Poppy for the girls and Branch for the boys so no one is left out. Each kit comes with all of the supplies you need (except scissors and glue) plus printed step by step instructions!
Next up, it's time to make a special snack for show time!
1. Pop some popcorn - we used whole kernel and an air popper.... a big bowl’s worth! Let cool.
2. Melt a tub of white chocolate melts according to directions while the popcorn is cooling.
3. Lay a piece of parchment paper out on a cookie sheet, spread out the popcorn and drizzle the chocolate all over.
4. Sprinkle over with fun rainbow sprinkles - we used the whole jar.
5. Mix in Rainbow Airheads, Fruity Lucky Charms and Pastel Mini Marshmallows!
6. Allow to harden up on the tray before transferring to a bowl to serve.
The end result is a gorgeous bowl of yummy goodness, perfectly in theme with the evening!
Aubrey LOVED it!
While the popcorn is hardening, time for 1 more fun activity! We made these cute little Poppy & Branch Stick Puppets, and Aubrey played with them for the longest time after.
Supply List (Affiliate Links):
- Pink & Blue Feathers - Buy HERE
- Jumbo Craft Stocks - Buy HERE
- Gemstones - I like these ones because they're self adhesive, Buy HERE
- Tiny Googly Eyes - I like these ones because they're self adhesive, Buy HERE
- Black Permanent Pen or Fine Tip Marker
- Acrylic Paint Markers - these are the BEST THING EVER!!!! They allow you to have your kids paint on surfaces that require something stronger than washable paints, but have so much control without flying paint brushes and super fast drying.
Now it's time to create!
- Color the bottom half of a Jumbo Craft Stick with an Acrylic Paint Marker Aqua for Poppy's dress.
- While that's drying, move on to another craft stick and color the bottom half green with an Acrylic Paint Marker for Branch's Shirt.
- Go back to poppy, and color the mid section of the stick light pink for her skin color.
- While that's drying, move on to branch and color the mid section of the stick teal for his skin color.
- Apply glue to the top halves of each stick and trim the bottoms of the feathers with scissors so that they have a straight edge, then glue the pink feathers on Poppy and Blue feathers on Branch.
- Use a green Acrylic Paint Marker to draw a band just below the feather's of poppy.
- Once dry, attach the teal gemstones to the band.
- Attach the eyes to each of the characters.
- Use the Permanent Black Pen/Fine Tip Marker to add the face details to each character.
- Use a hot pink Acrylic Paint Marker for Poppy's nose and cheeks - we just dotted circles for the cheeks and for the nose, we dotted 4 circles and then connected them.
- Use a purple Acrylic Paint Marker for Branch's nose, using the same circle technique.
I was super impressed with how well Aubrey did with hers on her own, just copying me. She played with them forever!
So put on your Troll Hair and accessories, grab that delicious popcorn and bring your new stick friends with you over to the TV for TROLLS MOVIE NIGHT!!!!