What little girl doesn't LOVE mermaids?! Here's a great way to make a day at home special and let her chase her Mermaid Dreams!
First up, get your orders in for Mermaid themed kids jewelry! Our new limited collection is simply stunning, grab it HERE.
And while you're grabbing those, don't forget to snag your Seashell Snap Clip Craft Kit! Each kit comes with all of the supplies to create two Seashell Snap Clips. Your little is going to LOVE painting her own seashell, giving it a gorgeous glaze to bring on the mermaid vibe and wear it proudly!
Once she's all decked out and looks like a mermaid, it's time for another craft and play time with her LOL Surprise Dolls!
Supply List (Affiliate Links):
- Stiff Felt - Buy HERE
- Glitter Glue Pens - Buy HERE
- Seashell Sequins - Buy HERE
- Glitter - Buy HERE
- Rhinestone Gems - Buy HERE
- Hot Glue Gun
- Elmer's Glue
Now, it's time to create!
First off, you'll want to print off this mermaid tail template on computer paper or for longevity cardstock. You'll cut a tail out and it becomes your pattern. Multiple tails are on the sheet if more than one kid needs to trace at a time, but you really only need one.
- If you have an older child, you can have them trace, cut and glue their mermaid tail. For younger kids, what I did was made the actual tail base for her and then gave her free reign on decorating!
- Use the pattern to trace a mermaid tail onto felt. I folded a piece of felt in half, traced on just the top half and cut through two pieces at once so they were completely identical.
- Hot glue a continuous line around a mermaid tail along the sides and tails, but not the top.
- Press the other mermaid tail into the hot glue, I let the glue squeeze right out of the edge a smidge and then trimmed any glue globs with scissors once it was try. That way it was nice and secure and wouldn't pop open during play!
- Now is where you can turn things over to your youngest ones and let them design, decorate and create! We used Glitter Pens, regular Elmer's Glue to trace patterns and sprinkle with glitter, sequins, gemstones, etc.
After everything has dried, it's LOL Playtime, Mermaid Style!
Finish off the afternoon of fun with a special Mermaid Fizzy Drink! Sometimes a special snack does wonders to break away from routine and add some excitement to the day.
- The night before your Mermaid Dreams Day, freeze some ice cubes with food coloring. We used blue, purple and pink.
- Cut the lemon into a slice and rub it around the rim of a glass. Dip the glass into sugar, the sugar will stick to the Lemon juice.
- Add the ice cubes to the glass (1 of each color).
- Add a tiny splash of Mermaid Syrup. I had this in the pantry anyway - you could also use Blue Hawaiian Juice or anything else blue! The flavor of the Mermaid Syrup is really good though (and good for mama cocktails later!) Here's what I used.
- Add Sprite to the rest of the glass.
- Garnish with lemon!
So yummy! Serve with a straw to avoid food coloring on the face!
Have fun with your Mermaid Dreams Day!